The College of Arts and Sciences offers several courses to help you begin the research and creative process.
AS 103: INTRO: Introduction to Research & Creative Scholarship Opportunities
This course exposes students to research and creative activities being conducted by faculty in the College of Arts & Sciences. The lectures by A&S faculty members will help students learn how new knowledge is created, provide career advice, and potentially lead to students identifying faculty mentors.
In AS 103, students will
- learn the basics and culture of university research
- understand how research can expand undergraduate education through experiential learning and faculty mentoring
- meeting with UA research-active faculty and student research assistants
- explore research opportunities available to undergraduates
- prepare for future professional opportunities: future research, graduate school, other advanced degrees, and internships and careers
AS 104: Mentored Research Experiences
This course allows students to execute creative projects or research with a faculty mentor. Students and their faculty mentor will be required to develop an Undergraduate Research Mentoring Agreement in consultation with the College Coordinator of Undergraduate Research.